It's good to be back!Learn more
Why Our Pub is Great
Originally a farm house, The Olde House pub was converted into its present form in the 1960s. We still boast a traditional exterior that is matched by the design of our 12 en-suite lodge rooms, which are traditional on the outside and smart and well appointed on the inside. The pub itself has two function rooms and a civil licence, making us the perfect venue for a wedding in Chesterfield.
We’re proud to serve the local community, and offer a great place for everyone to meet and eat. Come in for a cuppa, a catch-up with the crew, or a great-value meal. Get your glad rags on and make us your Friday-night destination. With a fantastic selection of real ales, lagers, ciders, wines, and spirits, we’re definitely up for a party!
In fact, The Olde House is a brilliant place to spend the whole weekend. Grab a cheeky pint on a Saturday afternoon, and we reckon you’ll be tempted by our varied menu of great British classics, colourful curries, and juicy American-style burgers. Our burgers are the perfect treat for a lazy day! And don’t forget our Sunday roast: a proper banger of a feast dished up with all the trimmings. Pick from pork, beef, turkey, or veggie and get stuck in.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Our food is about more than just great prices. We’ve created a menu that’s got something for everyone, whether you’re treating the kids to an after-school dinner or bringing your other half in for a special meal. But whatever you order, you can be sure of one thing. It’s proper pub food from the UK and around the world. Like our cracking curries and juicy burgers. Or our loaded chicken dishes, served with traditional and global-inspired sauces and your choice of sides.
Loads of our dishes are included in weekly deals. Make sure you check out our offers before you order. Your meal could be eligible for a free drink or a tempting upgrade.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.
Olde House, Newbold, Chesterfield, S40 4RN